These bars are perfect for fall! Who doesn’t love a carmel apple?! I usually choose chocolate over caramel but I really enjoyed these bars and I hope you do too!
These will make your house smell divine! It really got me excited for fall. Now if the weather would just cool down a little! It’s still pretty hot here in the valley.
Caramel Apple Cream Bars
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 c. quick oats
- 1 c. flour
- ½ c. chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. all spice
- ½ c. sour cream
- ¾ c. sugar
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 1 egg
- 2 medium granny smith
- apples chopped in food processor. (I peeled one, and left the skin on the 2nd
- apple. It’s up to you! I like the green color and texture. You could shred the
- apples or finely chop them as well.)
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 11 oz. bag of Kraft caramel
- ¼ c. whipping cream
- Cream butter and sugar. Add
- remaining ingredients.
- Press half of crust mixture in a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 8-10 min.
- Sprinkle half of the bag of caramel bits over the hot crust. Then pour cream mixture over. Last, crumble the remaining crust over the top and lightly press down.
- Bake an additional 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting for an easier cut.
- For the Caramel Sauce: Melt remaining ½ bag of
- Kraft caramel bits and ¼ c. whipping cream over low heat and drizzle over the
- top of the bars.
The Kraft caramel bits are pictured here. I found them in the baking section. Much easier then unwrapping a bunch of caramel candies!