A classic chocolate chip cookie made even better with salty pretzel pieces and melted caramel bits!
Chocolate chip cookies will never get old. But it is fun to change them up from time to time. I love chocolate covered caramel pretzels so I knew I was going to love these! My parents good friend and neighbor brought these over a few weeks ago. My dad couldn’t wait for me to try them! Of course I had to go home and find and excuse to make a batch for us. My husband had an all day mountain bike race ( yes, ALL day!) coming up so I decide to make these for him to take and eat during his breaks. He said he ate so much food because he was riding so much he had to eat a bunch of calories to keep up his energy. I was so glad I could help him with that. I am always good for helping people add calories to their diets! hehe!
Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- ¾ cup pretzel sticks, broken into thirds
- ½ cup caramel bits
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream your butter and sugars. Add the vanilla and egg.
- In a separtate bowl, combine the salt, soda, corn starch & flour. Gradually add to the wet mixture. When it is combined, fold in the pretzels, caramel bits and chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Scoop onto prepared baking sheets with a cookie scoop.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or just until done. Makes approx. 36 cookies, depending on the size of cookie scoop you use. I like to use a 1½".
Recipe Source: adapted from Dessert Now, Dinner Later