Crescents stuffed with a tasty, creamy chicken mixture then topped with butter & bread crumbs.
I’ve got a quick & easy dinner for you today! With the busy holiday season upon us, it is nice to have dinner recipes that are easy to make and that everyone will love. This one is just that. This recipe is adapted from my mother-in-law. She gave me a red recipe box at my bridal shower with a bunch of recipes (on recipe cards, yes I still use those sometimes! Do you??) Anyways, this is a classic that I changed up a bit to add a little more flavor and to sneak in some veggies (ssh don’t tell my kids!) I gotta get them in anytime I can. We had a side salad and raw carrots making this the perfect weeknight dinner!
Just grab a couple of cans of Pillsbury™ crescent rolls to make this super easy and delicious dinner. I got mine at Safeway! You just can’t go wrong with crescent dough. So many awesome uses and always delicious. We are big fans of crescents around here.
After you stuff the crescent rolls with the chicken mixture, you dip them in butter and italian flavored bread crumbs. This dresses them up a bit and adds a little flavor and crunch. This step is optional but I love it!
You can pour the sauce over the crescents…
or just have it on the side for dipping. I like more sauce than my husband so I always have it on the side so we can use as much (or as little) as we want 😉
- 2 packages Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced (can use canned chicken)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 green onions, diced (green and white parts)
- ½ green pepper, diced small
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup italian bread crumbs
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1½ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet or dish with parchment paper.
- Mix together the chicken, cream cheese, green onions, green pepper and seasoned salt.
- Open the crescent rolls. Separate each roll.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each crescent dough triangle flat (just roll so it's a little thinner)
- Add about 2 T. of the chicken mixture to the bottom (large part of the triangle).
- Roll up and tuck the sides around covering the chicken mixture.
- Place the melted butter in a bowl and the bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip the top of the filled crescent into the butter and then into the bread crumbs. Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the crescents are baking, mix together the sour cream & cream of chicken soup till combined. Warm over the stove or in the microwave.
- Dip cooked crescents into the sauce or pour over the top.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.