Mini scones that make a great breakfast or brunch! These are filled with orange zest and white chocolate chips! Basically dessert for breakfast 🙂
I love a good scone. When I was younger, my dance studio was right next to a bread store. I would always get one of their scones for a snack. They were my favorite for sure. I also love anything with white chocolate. These scones have a great orange flavor and the creamy white chocolate chips make them taste just like a creamsicle. If you love the ice cream treats you will love these!
I like to make these in a smaller, mini sized scone. I did it originally for a bridal shower brunch and now I always make them in “mini” form. Maybe because I feel less guilty when I eat more than one 😉
I feel like all scones need a good glaze. And this is just that! Try these scones out and let me know how you liked them! Happy Weekend!
Orange Creamsicle Scones
Scones with orange and white chocolate chips. Taste just like an orange creamsicle popsicle!
Author: Adell Goff
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ⅛ cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ⅛ cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ⅛ teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together your flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut your cold butter into small pieces and add to the the flour mixture. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut the butter into the dry ingredients.
- Add the white chocolate chips.
- In another large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, whipping cream, orange juice and orange zest. Add this to the dry ingredients. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead but be careful to not overwork the dough.
- Divide the dough into two, then divide again so you have 4 equal parts. Shape each dough into a circle about 1" thick. Using a pizza cutter (or knife) cut each circle into 4 (for 16 mini scones). Pull the triangles apart a little bit and back on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake them for 10-12 minutes (careful not to over bake or they will be dry).
- FOR THE GLAZE: While the scones are cooking, make your glaze. Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl. Stir till combined. Spread over warm scones.
For regular sized scones, simply divide the dough once for 2 circles and then cut into 4 scones. Bake them a little longer too. If you want an extra punch of orange flavor, add the orange extract to the glaze. I like to add it 🙂
Recipe Source: Your Homebased Mom