This is a great breakfast or brunch! Made with a potato crust & filled with eggs, onion, canadian bacon & cheese! Everyone will love this!
Well I am pretty excited because this is the first post I am writing from my new wordpress blog! I moved from blogger to wordpress this past week and I am already loving it! That is also why I haven’t posted for a bit. The best new feature I think is the visual recipe index! Cause it’s all about the pictures, am I right? Check it out and let me know what you think.
Now for the food! Thats why you are really here anyways :). This recipe was given to me from my mother in law. We had it over the Christmas break and it always gets great reviews. My husband is a huge potato fan & loves this. He usually isn’t a “breakfast for dinner” kinda guy but when I made this for dinner the other day, he was all for it! It’s when I make sweet breakfast things that involve syrup when he isn’t too excited about breakfast for dinner. I don’t know why?! Who doesn’t want a sweet dinner 😉
I always use a bag of simply potatoes for this. Makes it so easy. But you could cook and shred potatoes if you wanted. You just add oil and salt, press it into a couple of pie pans, cook the crust, layer the ingredients in the shell, whip up the milk/egg mixture pour it over the ingredients & bake.
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 (1 lb.) bag shredded potatoes (like simply potatoes)
- 4 Tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- FOR THE QUICHE:
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package or 10 slices canadian bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley or 1-2 teaspoon dried parsley
- FOR THE CRUST: Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray 2 pie dishes with cooking spray.
- Mix the potatoes, oil & salt together then press into the prepared pie dishes.
- Bake the crust for 10-15 minutes or until crispy.
- FOR THE QUICHE: Layer the cheese, chopped bacon & onion in the cooked pie shell. Set aside.
- Beat the milks, eggs, salt, pepper & parsley until fluffy. Pour over pie.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes then serve warm.