The classic chocolate chip cookie pie! Easier to make than chocolate chip cookies. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream for a perfect dessert!
We recently had the Sister Missionaries from our church over for dinner. One was from all over the US (her dad was in the Army) and the other was from the Philippines! We love to feed the missionaries dinner and get to know them better. I figured a pie with chocolate would be a safe bet cause what girl doesn’t like chocolate right? 🙂
Since I was making dinner as well I needed to make a dessert that was pretty simple and this was perfect. I cheated and used a frozen pie crust but you could easily make a homemade one if you have the time. What’s great about buying the frozen one (make sure you get the deep dish) is it comes in a pack of 2! Make one for you and share a pie with a friend.
I borrowed my Mom’s copy of Nestles Classic Recipes years ago and have a bunch of recipes I’ve got on my list. That darn list. This recipe has been on my “list” forever so I am finally making my dreams a reality folks 😉 One chocolate chip pie at a time. hehe. I dream big.
I love a dessert that you know (most) everyone will love. Who doesn’t love a chocolate chip cookie? Put those flavors in a pie crust and you really can’t go wrong. If you aren’t a fan of nuts, you can leave them out but my kids didn’t blink an eye at the pecans. This pie is great warm with whipped cream or ice cream on top. Or just plain. You can’t go wrong with this classic toll house chocolate chip pie!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie shell (thawed if frozen)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans), optional
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl on high speed until foamy.
- Beat in the flour & sugars. Beat in the butter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts if using.
- Spoon into the pie shell.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes (mine cooked in 55). A knife inserted halfway between the edge and center should come out clean. Cook on a wire rack. serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe Source: Nestle Classic Recipes Cookbook
Thanks Adelle for bringing me this pie! After the emotionally draining day I had, this was perfect. It reminds me of a pazookie(sp), but prettier!
you’re so welcome! glad you enjoyed it!