Easy, slow cooker pork tacos topped with fresh corn & olive salsa!
This is a perfect summer dinner. Let me explain why.
1. Crock Pot / aka SLOW COOKER. (No heating up your oven). Please and thank you.
2. Fresh corn salsa! We are lucky to have a few spots around the valley that sell sweet corn this time of year, and it’s just SO good. If you can’t get local corn, any fresh corn will do.
3. Avocado. Everything is better with avocados.
So there you have it, 3 reasons why you need to add this to your summer dinner menu. Taco Tuesday, Mexican Monday, it really won’t matter what day of the week, you will love it!
We love these on a corn/flour blend tortilla. But you can use corn or flour tortillas as well. Really it’s up to what you like best. I got this recipe from a friend. She brought us dinner after I had my 2nd baby and I just had to get the recipe! And whenever summer rolls around, and the fresh corn signs start popping up, we have these for dinner. The fresh corn salsa is so good. Diced red onion & red pepper, sliced olives, cilantro and of course, the fresh corn cut off the cob. We eat the leftovers (if there is any) with chips!
Slow Cooker Pork Tacos with Fresh Corn Salsa
Author: Adell Goff
- 3-4 pound pork roast (pork butt works great)
- 2 Tablespoons worchesterhire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle mild green salsa (I use Herdez)
- For the Fresh Corn and Olive Salsa:
- 3 ears of corn steamed then corn removed
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tablespoons diced red onion
- pinch of kosher salt & fresh black pepper
- avocado, diced
- fresh lime
- Place the pork worchestershire sauce, kosher salt, pepper and garlic salt in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. (Can cook overnight). Remove the pork from the crock pot and discard or save liquid for later use. Shred the pork and place back in the crock pot. Add the green salsa. Cook on low until ready to serve.
- For the corn salsa: Steam the corn then cut off the kernels. Place the corn, olives, cilantro, red pepper, red onion and salt & pepper in a medium sized bowl. Mix together gently.
- For the tacos: heat the tortillas in the microwave or in a skillet. Layer the pork, corn salsa & diced avocados. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top.
Leave a Reply