My husband’s cousin just got her mission call and I brought these to celebrate when she opened it! The pumpkin & caramel flavors are a perfect combination. These cookies melt in your mouth! Hurry and make these for someone you love (or for yourself) I won’t tell anyone 😉
And if caramel icing is not your thing, don’t worry, I have another pumpkin cookie recipe I can’t wait to share with you on Monday.
Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Icing
Pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips and a caramel icing. A great cooking for the holidays.
Author: Adell Goff
Recipe type: Cookies
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- FOR THE ICING:
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ - ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the sugars and butter.
- Add the pumpkin, vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt then add to the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool before frosting.
- FOR THE ICING:
- Melt the butter over medium heat then add the brown sugar. Heat until bubbling and thick (careful not to burn)
- Cool for 10 min. then add the whipping cream and powdered sugar.
- Frost cooled cookies.
You can use milk in the icing if you don’t have whipping cream. Just start with ¼ cup and add till it is the consistency you like. I like whipping cream because it makes a thicker frosting. Also, half way through frosting the cookies, I added more whipping cream (about 2 T.) because it started to get too thick.
Recipe Source: adapted from The Sisters Cafe
Linked up to: Classy Clutter , Yummy Healthy Easy, I Heart Nap Time, The Winthrop Chronicles , Chef in Training
Jen Nikolaus says
Um, yeah. These look like something that I would eat the entire batch of. Pinning because I have to try them!!!
Teresa Ambra says
These look marvelous!
Thanks so much!
I'll take 2 dozen please! Caramel and pumpkin are truly a winning combination!