Pumpkin French Toast is a cozy breakfast full of pumpkin and spice. Thick slices of bread are soaked in a pumpkin pie like egg mixture. Topped with maple syrup and powdered sugar, this is a delicious fall breakfast!
French toast is just the best. It’s rather easy to whip up and always a favorite. This pumpkin version went over well with my whole family. I cut up the leftovers into sticks and froze them for easy breakfasts later too!
We loved these topped with pure maple syrup. I am a total syrup snob. I seriously can’t eat the fake stuff. The flavor of real maple syrup is just the best. I also love buttermilk syrup (who doesn’t?!) I’m sure that would be great on this pumpkin french toast or this spiced buttermilk caramel syrup would be pretty amazing too. However, I do think the real maple syrup allows the pumpkin flavor to shine and compliments it well. So whatever you drizzle on top, it’s gonna be great!
Shop this recipe on Amazon:
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 8-10 slices Texas toast or thickly sliced bread
- maple syrup, butter, powdered sugar, for topping
- Heat a griddle to medium-low heat.
- Mix the eggs, pumpkin puree and milk in a large bowl till combined. Add the vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and cloves. Stir till combined.
- Grease your griddle or non-stick pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture coating each side. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until lightly brown and cooked.
- Serve warm with butter, maple syrup and a good sprinkle of powdered sugar.
If you don't have pumpkin pie spice you can make it by adding an additional: ½ teaspoon cinnamon ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ginger, ⅛ teaspoon allspice.
Recipe Source: Baked in AZ