S’more Cookie Bars are a delicious graham cracker cookie dough topped with thick milk chocolate and marshmallow fluff! All the elements of a s’more in cookie bar form!
S’mores Cookie Bars
S’mores! These S’more Cookie Bars are TO DIE FOR! I mean who doesn’t like s’mores?! (My husband! can you believe that?) But lets not talk about that. Lets talk about how AMAZINGLY good these bars are! (And by the way, he did eat one and liked them!)
How to make the best S’MORE COOKIE BARS:
You make a yummy cookie dough and add in crushed graham cracker bars. Don’t graham crackers have the best flavor. Totally reminds me of my childhood. My grandma used to keep a container of them above her fridge for her grandkids :).
Then you press half of the delicious dough (and try not to eat too much!) into the pan.
Lay the chocolate onto of that then dollop the marshmallow cream or “fluff” on top of that. Spread it out as best you can but don’t stress about how pretty it looks, the messier the better 😉
Last you drop the rest of the graham cracker dough all over the top and lightly press down on it to connect.
Then you bake it! Easy peasy.
The marshmallow creme will peak through and I kinda love it.
And I couldn’t let a post about S’MORES go by without mentioning the movie….SANDLOT! I pretty much have that movie memorized. Such a classic. Loved it growing up and now my older kids love it too.
“Hey, you want a s’more?”
“S’more of what?”
“No, no you want a s’more?” (Points to the chocolate, graham crackers & marshmallows)
“I haven’t had anything yet, so how can I have s’more of nothing?”
“YOUR KILLING ME SMALLS!”
And then my favorite part is when he says, “THEN YOU STUFF!” “Kinda messy, but good” You can watch the whole clip on youtube.
Really though, s’mores are messy but delicious. Those are usually the best kind of desserts, right?
We had my husbands Nana and Papa over for family night. I wanted to make a treat and had ben dying to make these for a long time. You can totally eat these with a fork but it’s not necessary. If they are cooled completely they are easier to eat but warm is also delicious. I’d just recommend you use a plate and fork for that 😉 I liked them both ways, are you surprised?
Marshmallow Cream is called for in this recipe and how is it different from marshmallows? Well, it comes in a jar! And it will keep for a longer time. There is marshmallow fluff and marshmallow cream and you can usually find it by the marshmallows. You can’t replace the cream with regular marshmallows in this recipe, they will just disappear. You want the yummy, gooey cream in these bars! I mean, just look at that! Drooling!
These s’mores cookie bars are seriously the best. One of my favorites. I hope you love them! Leave a comment if you try them!
- 2 cups flour (10 ounces)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 ounce jar marshmallow cream
- 2 (7 ounce) Hershey milk chocolate bars
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13" baking pan with cooking spray. You can also line with foil or parchment if you want.
- Combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment or a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix till combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix till combined.
- Press half of the dough into the prepared pan till even.
- Dollop the marshmallow creme all over the dough, then spread till smooth (it won't be perfect, no need to worry)
- Break up the 2 chocolate bars and place on top of the marshmallow cream (fluff).
- Drop the remaining half of the cookie dough in small clumps all over the chocolate bars then lightly press down to connect. There will be some chocolate/creme showing through.
- Bake for 30-32 mintues or until the top is a light golden brown color.
- These cut easier when they have cooled completely but are wonderful warm, just a bit messy 🙂
If you like cookie bars, make sure you put these on your list to bake too!