This creamy potato soup has shredded potatoes giving it great texture! The cream cheese & sour cream gives it great flavor too! So creamy good. An easy soup for fall!
I love a good copycat recipe. The potato cream cheese soup is a favorite of mine every time I go to Wildflower Bread Co. Well that and the butternut squash ravioli! Pretty much all of their menu items are excellent. But this soup is always a favorite. I love how the potatoes are shredded and not chunks. Makes it feel more light (haha even though it has cream cheese and sour cream in it). It adds a great texture that is unique to other potato soup recipes. I actually have 2 other ones on the blog that we love as well this classic potato soup & this baked potato soup. Now you have 3 varieties to choose from!
This soups doesn’t take much time to make and is so creamy good. Our whole family loved this soup!
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup celery, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 3 cups shredded potatoes (I used a package of Simply Potatoes)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons cooked and crumbled bacon or diced ham (I used real bacon crumbles)
- salt & pepper
- dried chives for garnish, optional
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and sauté onions and celery until tender. Add the flour and stir, cooking over medium heat for 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a large pan, combine the broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until potatoes are tender, but not mushy. Stir occasionally so they don't stick to the pan.
- When the potatoes are tender, turn the heat to low and stir in the onion mixture, sour cream and cream cheese. Stir till creamy.
- Add the bacon and salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Source: recipelink.com
Shop this recipe: