Apple Butterscotch Oat Blondies are blonde brownies aka brown sugar (not chocolate) brownies and are filled with tart apples, oats, white chocolate & butterscotch chips. Oh and a little cinnamon and spice! You gotta makes these!
It’s Labor Day weekend! Do you have fun plans? Going out of town? Staying home and getting some work done around the house? Either way, these bars would be a fun treat for any party or BBQ you have going on. If it’s still warm where you live like it is where I love, serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream on top, then drizzle on some caramel sauce for good measure :). I hope you all have a great weekend!
And if these bars look like the other apple blondies I just posted, thats because they are the same recipe, just used different ‘chips’ and this recipe is for a 9×13″ pan (but can be cut in half and baked in an 8 or 9 inch dish too). Anyways, it’s a good one!
Just look at that warm gooey goodness. The only way I even crave ice cream, when a warm bar is under it ;).
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 green apples, peeled & diced (or other tart apple)
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray (you can line with parchment paper too.
- Cream the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla together till fluffy. Can do this in a stand mixer or bowl with beaters.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon & nutmeg. Add to the creamed mixture. Stir with a spatula or spoon combined.
- Add the diced apples and cinnamon chips, mixing just till combined. Spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before cutting into bars. Serve warm with ice cream or at room temperature. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Recipe Source: Baked in AZ (adapted from these Apple Blondies)