A creamy, spinach & artichoke dip made with cream cheese & fresh spinach. A total crowd pleaser.
A classic spinach & artichoke dip will just never get old, am I right?! This has cream cheese in it making it is just so CREAMY good. I love that the base is cream cheese and not mayo. A little mayo and sour cream are thrown in but not too much. You will love this dip so much. It’s easy, delicious and a great appetizer for parties.
I actually served this one night when we had family in town and let everyone munch on it before dinner was done. Then we had Oriental Chicken Pasta Salad for dinner. Something else that I liked about this recipe is that you start with fresh spinach. You can use frozen like most other recipes, but I have never tried it that way. It seems like a ton of spinach but you know how it cooks down. Don’t be nervous that it’s too much, unless you don’t like spinach and then i would advise you to not make these and just make a creamy artichoke did instead 😉
So I mentioned that we had family in town! My brother & sister in law currently live in Michigan but are moving to Tucson this summer and we are so exited to have them closer. Cousin time for the win! Our kids love to play together but we don’t get to see them nearly enough.
- 8-10 ounces fresh spinach, chopped (you can use a 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained well)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- dash of cayenne pepper, optional (but adds a great kick)
- Preheat oven to 400 degress.
- In a medium bowl, warm cream cheese in microwave for about a minute to soften. Add the chopped spinach, artichokes, sour cream, mayonnaise, and parmesan. Mix well then add garlic salt and cayenne to taste. Remember that the fresh spinach will reduce when cooking.
- Place in an oven safe dish (a pie dish, 1½ quart or 8x8 pan would all work) and bake in the oven at for about 20 minutes. Stir then bake for 10 more minutes if needed, till the top is toasty. If you are using frozen spinach, just bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a toasted, sliced baguette, bagel crisps, chips, veggies etc.
Recipe Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything