A classic lemon crinkle cookie with white chocolate chips. Bursting with lemon flavor!
Lemon Crinkle Cookies WITH white chocolate chips you say? Yes. Yes I did. Cause I just can’t help myself sometimes. My husband likes to say I tend to over do it sometimes. Like don’t mess with a good thing. But I just couldn’t help myself and went ahead and added some white chocolate. You don’t have to, these cookies are great without them too 🙂
My mom got this cool recipe book someone compiled that is full of all lemon recipes. She let me have it and I’ve loved going through it. I always wanted to try lemon crinkle cookies. My love for lemon continues and these cookies did not disappoint!
- ½ cups butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest (or the zest of one lemon)
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar (to roll the balls in)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then line your cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice mixing till incorporated.
- Stir in all dry ingredients (and white chocolate chips if using) slowly until just combined, but don't add the powdered sugar.
- Put the powdered sugar into a bowl or large plate. Scoop the dough using a cookie scoop (or tablespoon) then roll in the powdered sugar.
- Place onto the prepared cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until they don't look shiny on top. Don't over bake! Remove from oven and cool cookies then transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe Source: My mom gave me a cookbook full of all lemon recipes and this was in it. The same version can also be found on Classy Clutter!