A salad that is great for feeding a crowd. The bacon and mozzerella cheese give it a great touch and the dressing is decadent!
So lets talk about this salad shall we? The dressing is tangy and totally delicious. It has red onion and red wine vinegar in it making it have the perfect flavor. The bacon, cheese and toasted almonds add the crunch and other deep flavor. We all just loved this salad. We have nick named it “the bacon salad”. Over the summer my brother in law got home from a 2 year mission for our church and we had a big get together with family and friends to celebrate and a friend of my mother in law brought this salad. Of course I had to track down the recipe so I could share it!
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (or you can use a spring mix as pictured)
- 1 16 ounce package of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed (or shredded)
- 8 ounce sliver almonds, toasted
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- ½ cup red onions, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup oil
- Wash and dry the lettuce and chop into bite sized pieces. Place in a large salad bowl. Add the cooked and crumbled bacon, mozzarella cheese & toasted almonds.
- FOR THE DRESSING: Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend till combined. Pour over the salad and toss & serve!
-I used a spring mix of lettuce from costco but have had the salad with the lettuce as stated in the recipe. Both are good, but if you need to save time, the spring mix works.
Recipe Source: My mother in law, Sheryl (who got it from her friend Pam).