A little about this recipe. I first posted this back when I first started my lil blog. I have since adjusted the recipe to have the crust baked. I like this better because it’s easier for serving. I still have the original recipe on the blog if you want this a no-bake recipe. Both versions taste amazing so you really can’t go wrong. This recipe was sent to me from my sister-in-law. Her husband has a total sweet tooth (almost as much as me) and this is by far one of his most favorite desserts! My family went crazy over it too. Just make sure you use fresh (not canned) peaches.
The baked graham cracker crust is followed by a layer of peach jello & fresh peaches all mixed together. Then you top it off with a sweet cream cheese mixture and sprinkle more graham crackers on top! Just writing about it is making my mouth water :).
If you want to make this a no-bake dessert you don’t have to bake the crust. I prefer it with the crust baked. It makes it easier to cut and serve and adds a nice crunch on the bottom. But if you want to just press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and not bake it, that will work as well.
- FOR THE CRUST
- 2 packages graham crackers, crushed (or 2 cups)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- FOR THE FILLING
- 5 cups fresh peaches, peeled & diced.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (3 ounce) package peach jello
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton cool whip
- FOR THE CRUST: Crush the graham crackers in a food processor (or zip top bag with a rolling pin) and place in a bowl. Add the sugar. Melt the butter and pour over the crushed crackers & sugar. Stir till all crumbs are moist. Take out 2 cups and set aside for the top. Now add 1 tablespoon water. Press into the bottom of a 13x9" pan & bake for 8 minutes at 375. Allow the crust to cool. (For a no-bake dessert you can omit the baking of the crust. It will be more crumbly when serving).
- FOR THE FILLING: Peel and cut the fresh peaches into about 1 inch pieces and set aside. Bring the water, sugar and cornstarch to a boil. Add the package of peach jello and stir till dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add the peaches once cooled and gently pour over cooled crust. Chill until set (about 2 to 4 hours)
- FOR THE TOPPING: Cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in the cool whip. Spread over the top of the set jello filling. Chill to set and top with the remaining graham cracker crumb mixture before serving.
- NOTES: 2 packages of graham crackers is about 18 sheets or 2 cups crushed. To get 5 cups of diced peaches, I used 7 small/medium peaches.