This hot buttered apple cider is full of flavor and the perfect drink for the holidays!
This hot cider is the perfect thing to warm you up during the cold months. A nice change from a cup of hot cocoa :). It has just the right amount of sugar and spice! And the butter takes it over the top.
It tastes great plain but you can always add some whipped cream & salted caramel topping too. I tried it both ways.
Make this mix and have it next to the hot cocoa at your next party, everyone will love it!
Hot Buttered Apple Cider
- 1 pound brown sugar ( 2½ cups)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 gallon apple juice or cider
- Beat all ingredients with an electric hand mixer. Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator until needed (Will keep for 6 weeks).
- To make the cider, place a heaping tablespoon of the mix in a cup and fill with hot apple cider or juice (I used juice).
- To make the whole batch in a slow cooker, add mix to 1 gallon of apple juice or cider. Heat all ingredients in slow cooker and serve warm.
Recipe Source: Nana’s Cookbook