An easy dinner or tasty lunch!
We are big caesar salad fans around here. It all started on our honeymoon actually. We went on a cruise and every night I would order a caesar salad. Well, my husband thought I was weird at first but once he tasted mine he got one every other night too! From then on it is usually his salad of choice when we go out. It’s funny how when you get older you seem to try new things that you never thought you liked.
Something else that happened on our honeymoon cruise. One night they had this chocolate sculpture bar with chocolate and a bunch of really cool carved fruit. I couldn’t wait to go of course. I had a plate all filled up and when I went to turn around I tripped on the stair and my plate shattered! Not only was I embarrassed but pretty sad about my plate of goodies. Haha. So my husband went and got me another plate because all I wanted to do was run off and hide.
I threw some sliced almonds to give it some crunch but if you don’t have any/don’t like them, totally okay! Just leave them out 🙂
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps
- 5-6 chicken breasts
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 (6 count) pkg. spinach tortilla wraps
- 1 head romain lettuce, chopped
- 1-2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- sliced almonds (optional)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- caesar salad dressing*
- Heat your grill to medium high heat (about 350 degrees). Turn it down to low and lay a large piece of tin foil over the slats. Drizzle olive oil over the tin foil, then lay your chicken breasts out evenly. Sprinkle each breast with salt and pepper. Cover the grill and let the chicken cook until it has cooked almost all the way through.
- Turn the chicken over, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover the grill and let the chicken cook through.
- When the chicken is cooked, place it on a clean plate and over with foil. Let it rest for about 5 minutes then slice or chop it up.
- Lay out your spinach tortillas. Chop the lettuce, slice the red onion & tomatoes. Layer the lettuce, chicken, red onion, tomatoes & almonds. Sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on top then pour the dressing over it all, fold up the edges, wrap-up and enjoy!
- Note: *You can make homemade dressing, but I went the easy way and bought a high quality brand at the store. Also, if you don't want to grill your chicken, you can bake it in the oven. Just place the chicken in a dish, drizzle with olive oil and S&P. Bake until cooked through (about 30-45 min depending on the size of your chicken breasts)
Recipe Source: Jamie Cooks It Up