These pancakes are so light & fluffy! If you like oatmeal you have to try these pancakes. I am a big time pancake fan and these are at the top of my list. Wouldn’t you rather eat your oatmeal in pancake form? I know I would. But I am excited to try this recipe for groatmeal next!
- 1 cup whole oat groats
- 1 - 1¼ cup milk or almond milk
- 1 tablespoons honey or sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Add the oat groats and milk to your blender. Blend on high for 5 minutes or until smooth. (If it is not blending well or seems a little thick, add a T. of milk at a time) Oat pancakes may need a little more milk than wheat pancakes. Just start with 1 cup and go from there.
- Add the honey, oil, salt, soda, powder and eggs to the blener. Blend for a couple of minutes.
- Pre-heat your griddle to medium-high heat. While it is heating up let the batter rest. Before you pour onto the griddle, give it a stir.
- Spray the griddle with cooking spray then pour 4 inch round pancakes onto the griddle. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side. (Oat pancakes take a little longer to cook than wheat pancakes)
- Serve topped with butter or coconut oil, maple syrup and bananas or blueberries. Really whatever floats your boat :) Makes approx. 12-15 pancakes.
I recommend and love my Blendtec Blender! It is like the saying goes, buy nice or buy twice! haha. No but really, they don’t say, the last blender you’ll ever own for nothing. If you need a new blender, check them out. Highly recommended. Plus you can get a refurbished one for $279.99! It comes with a 7 year warranty. (affiliate link) Thanks for supporting Baked in AZ 🙂