The original cookie recipe used a hershey kiss in the center. And they are actually called “Forgotten Kiss Cookies” I made these both ways. The kiss is really cute and I loved them. But I think the rolo center is my favorite. My kids liked both equally as well. You even try a bite sized snickers if you wanted go crazy 😉 There are no eggs and only 6 ingredients! Love a simple recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 24 - 30 rolos unwrapped (or hershey kisses)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter, sugars and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour and mix well.
- Form the dough into 1 inch balls around each rolo (or kiss). Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
Recipe Source: my friend Stefanie L.