We love muffins at our house. My husband especially. I found this recipe over at Your Homebased Mom a few years ago. When I start seeing fresh cranberries for 99 cents a bag, I pull out this recipe. It’s a favorite in our house. The crushed pineapple with the tart cranberry is a winning combination. Then you top them with a little brown sugar. A unique, delicious muffin, perfect for a chilly winter morning.
- 1 cup whole fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup drained, crushed pineapple
- 1½ cup flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease 12 muffin tins or use liners.
- Combine the chopped cranberries, egg, milk, butter and pineapple in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and stir until just moistended. Do not over stir the batter.
- Add the batter to the muffin tins, filling about ⅔ full. Sprinkle the top with brown sugar
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe Source: Your Homebased Mom