I’ve got another pumpkin cookie recipe today! I love cream cheese with pumpkin so I was dying to try these and I am so glad I did. Dana said that she tried a bunch of recipes and these were her favorite and I can see why. We had new neighbors move in next door so I took a plate of these over to welcome them to the neighborhood.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
A classic pumpkin cookie with a cream cheese frosting.
Author: Adell Goff
- ½ c. shortening
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. pumpkin
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ c. chocolate chips
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ pound powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease your cookie sheets or use parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl (or mixer) cream the shortening and sugar.
- Add the pumpkin and vanilla.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder & cinnamon.
- Add to the cream mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon sized balls onto cookie sheet. (I always use a cookie scoop)
- Bake for 10-11 min. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet before transfering to a cooling rack.
- FOR THE FROSTING: Combine all the ingredients then frost the cooled cookies.
These cookies are best if stored in the fridge. I enjoyed these best, cold out of the fridge.
Recipe Source: Made
So which ones will you choose to make? Are you a caramel icing or cream cheese frosting kinda gal? I couldn’t decide which one I liked better. They are equally delicious in my book. Let me know what you think. And if you can’t decide which ones to make, try both. I won’t say anything 😉
Linked to: The Winthrop Chronicles , I Heart Nap Time , Yummy Healthy Easy , Classy Clutter , Chef in Training