Can you say that 3 times fast?! 3 Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies! Anyways…
A few weeks ago my mom brought us by a plate of cookies and they were so good! I asked her what she did different to the recipe cause I couldn’t figure it out. She took the basic “Neiman Marcus Cafe Cookie” recipe and added peanut butter and used 3 different kinds of “chips” milk, white & butterscotch. They were so good! It’s a nice little change to your normal chocolate chip cookie.
My brother came over and helped me hang up my long curtain rod in our family room and I told him I would pay him in cookies! So I had the perfect reason to make up a batch of my own. I dropped by a plate of these and they loved them too!
You really could add a little bit of peanut butter to any of your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes for a fun surprise!
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. white sugar
- 2 T. peanut butter (can add more or less depending on how "peanut buttery" you want them)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 2½ c. oatmeal (measure the oatmeal, then place in a blender and blend till a fine powder)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. milk chocolate chips (or semi sweet)
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 c. butterscotch chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line your cookie sheets with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter, sugars & peanut butter. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Sprinkle in the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder & salt.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls or use a cookie scoop.
- Bake for 10 minutes.